Spring is coming! Soon colorful flower blossoms, vibrant green foliage, and warm spring days will be a New England reality. Spring vacations are on the horizon and Nantucket is calling you. To help you get into the island mood we have gathered our staff's favorite Nantucket reads. These books are all set on or around the island of Nantucket:
- Nantucket Summer: A Collection by Leila Howland features two stories about unforgettable summer vacations to Nantucket with tragedy, forbidden romance, and self-growth.
- A Nantucket Wedding by Nancy Thayer is a captivating novel by New York Times bestselling author, Nancy Thayer, about a family's struggle to see eye-to-eye and the power of new love.
- "True Love" is the first book in Jude Deveraux's Nantucket Brides series. This story combines love, intrigue, deaths, and a glorious Nantucket wedding to create a tale that captivates you from the first chapter. Bonus, there are three books in the series!
- Nantucket by Nan Rossiter is a moving story of rekindled passion, set amidst the timeless beauty of Nantucket. This book is part one in a two-part series.
- The Book of Summer by Michelle Gable is a humorous adventure story into the depths of love and summer, set in the magical backdrop of Nantucket
- The Beach Club: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand is the juicy story of a series of personal dramas played out during a summer at Nantucket Beach.
- Nantucket Nights by Elin Hilderbrand is about an amazing friendship between three women and the secrets that surround the trio and threaten to damage the things they value most.
- Death in the Off-Season by Francine Mathews starts off with a body face down in a cranberry bog and pulls you in deeper into the mystery with every page!
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville is a classic story set aboard a Nantucket whale ship and follows a sailor's narrative through his captain's obsessive quest for revenge.
- The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket by Edgar Allan Poe offers a rousing sea adventure following two boys as they are tested on every level with shipwrecks, cannibalism, and life-threatening situations.
- "Island in the Sea of Time", part of the Island in the Sea of Time series by S.M. Stirling is a time-traveling storywhere the island of Nantucket and the U.S. Coast Guard training ship "Eagle" are thrown back in time to 1250 BC. This alternative history series will leave you completely immersed in the world the author has created.
- Comet's Nine Lives by Jan Brett is a charming story of a cat searching the island of Nantucket for his forever home.
If you're still looking for spring vacation inspiration, check out our hotel's Spring Specials: