Text Friendly Version:
5 Reasons Nantucket is the Best New England Island
Nantucket is a beautiful, New England island, 30 miles out to sea. It boasts stunning beaches, timeless beauty, and activities for everybody! We're here to settle the great New England debate: Nantucket vs. Martha's Vineyard. In our fine opinions, there is a clear winner.
1. Open Beaches: Rarely will you come across a private beach sign in Nantucket, unlike its neighboring island. Some popular beaches are Children's, Jetties, Surfside, Cisco, and Madaket Beach. Most popular beach spots have lifeguards on duty (in season) and restrooms. For a map of Nantucket's pristine beaches, Click here.
2. Proper New England Getaway: Nantucket is quintessentially New England with its cobblestone streets that run through its one small, yet, lively town with unique boutiques that carry locally made goods, no traffic lights, and historically significant grey shingled buildings. Often, Nantucket is dubbed the "Grey Lady," because of its timeless grey charm.
3. Easy Navigation: With only 48.5 square miles of land, Nantucket is a quaint island, perfect for navigating by bike! The island has over 33 miles of bike paths! Plus, the island has a very affordable and reliable WAVE bus that will take you to all the major destinations.
4. Cisco Brewery: Nantucket is honored to be home to one of the best breweries in New England. Along with superior quality and tasting drinks, Cisco Brewery also offers live music, tastings, tours, and has 3 bards serving craft beer, wine and drinks. For tour times and hours.
5. Foodie's Paradise: For quality seafood and dining look no further than Nantucket! The island has a rich foodie environment. It's home to the only AAA Five Diamond award-winning restaurant, TOPPER'S, in Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard! The island also has lots of great casual eateries including fan-favorite, Juice Bar, which makes delicious homemade ice cream!