Putting a new spin on White Elephant's partnership with BMW, White Elephant Village has recently acquired a small fleet of BMW's innovative new BMW E-Cruise Bikes. The bikes are in hot demand with in-house guests at White Elephant and available for guest use on a first come first serve basis at the property's front desk.
It's no wonder that Nantucket Insider had a hard time getting a few photos of these E-Bikes - they are almost constantly being used by guests out on Nantucket's bike paths! But thankfully, we were able to catch a few of the E-Bikes early enough today and learned a little more about the unique features. Here are a few of the highlights:
- sleek black and white design
- on-board computer provides cues for shifting gears
- four levels of 'pedal support' from "Eco" to "Turbo"
- 250 W Bosch Performance Line electric motor
- 400 Wh frame-mounted battery (pedal support of up to 15.5 mph!)
Not only can guests at White Elephant Village take the E-Bikes out for test rides, but anyone can register in the online sweepstakes to win their own BMW Cruise E-Bike.