A babymoon is a mother's chance to unwind and relax before the arrival of the baby. It's often looked at as an opportunity to get some quality pampering while also spending some valuable alone time with your partner before the baby arrives.
This use of the term "babymoon" in this context is still relatively new. It has only been in recent years that expecting parents have really taken to the idea of a relaxing, pre-baby vacation. Celebrities like Jordin Sparks, Kate Hudson, and Olivia Wilde have fueled the popularity of babymoons with their own luxurious pre-baby vacations.
Babymoons are meant to be a highly enjoyable experience for mother and partner alike. As such, it's important that these pre-baby vacations are well-planned so that the expecting mother can be as comfortable as possible.
A few quick tips when planning a Babymoon getaway:
- Research the weather at vacation destinations for the time of travel. Finding a place with pleasant temperatures is half the battle.
- Use caution when planning your babymoon vacation too early or too late into the pregnancy. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the second trimester, between 14 and 28 weeks is the ideal time frame.
- Look into Babymoon packages to maximize the tailored comfort of the experience for both mother and partner.
In an article by the Points Guy, "The Best Babymoon Destination for Every Month of the Year," Nantucket, Massachusetts is declared the best babymoon destination for August. The article highlights the White Elephant for its babymoon package, central location in town, and beautiful harbor views. It reads, "cozy, remote, and romantic: Nantucket is what babymoon dreams are made of and, they know it." To read the full article, click here.
Travel + Leisure also features the White Elephant's babymoon package in its 2018 "Trips of a Lifetime" edition. "Thanks to its waterfront location on two manicured acres, the casually elegant White Elephant resort feels secluded, but its proximity to downtown puts local favorites (the Juice Bar ice cream shop, Brant Point Lighthouse) within walking distance." To read the full excerpt, click here.
The White Elephant's Babymoon Package
Pamper yourself with a relaxing getaway before the baby arrives at the White Elephant. Share an intimate vacation with soothing spa rituals, beautiful waterfront accommodations, and gorgeous island scenery. Our Nantucket Babymoon Package features two nights in one of our luxurious guestrooms, a one-hour prenatal massage for the mom to be and cigar wrapped in pink or blue ribbon for the joyous dad to celebrate on the big day. Real, renew and refresh.
- Two nights stay for two
- One hour soothing prenatal massage
- Daddy Coupon of $25 towards any spa treatment
- Cigar dressed in pink or blue ribbons to save for the big day
- One "Trunket" stuffed elephant toy for the new arrival
Package price starts at $635. To start planning your babymoon, click here to book now.